Today makes a month that Don and I have been married. The month has passed so fast I can hardly believe it. Being married has been pretty great so far.
My husband is the greatest man I have ever known. He does all he can to take care of me and my children. He’s really stepped in where others in the past have failed. I’m truly blessed to be his wife.
We don’t have any special plans for this weekend. Spending time together at home with the kids is the main thing, simply relaxing before Don returns to work this week. Sometimes relaxing is the best thing you can do.
We did make a quick run to Starbucks today for Don a dark roast coffee and me a Double Choc Chip Frappe. We shared a chocolate croissant. Such an inexpensive yet fulfilling little date.
I’m hoping for our second month of marriage we will be camping somewhere with the kids in celebration. Maybe an adventure to the zoo or a trip into the mountains to look for rocks. An adventure that creates memories for us all.
Until next time…
So I have fallen off the Blogging through the Alphabet wagon for the past few weeks but I will be completing those posts later on. For now, we are on to the letter G.
G is for Good Things in Life
Lately, there is so much negativity in the world and not nearly enough appreciation for the Good things that we are blessed with in this life. In the news daily, there is constant death, stealing, bullying, and more. Concentrating on these are sure to drag us all down and creep into to destroy happiness in our lives. Many people come to dwell upon these negatives, losing thankfulness for the great things happening around them.
I, personally, share a lot of these things through my Facebook page and then see them shared forward by others. A few weeks ago, this negativity really hit me straight in the heart. I realized that this is not what I want to known as: The Negative Facebook Poster. I, instead, wish to bring light and love to others through our lives, shining like a bright star.
Over the past few days, I have actively chosen NOT to be on Facebook and to share mostly positive things (I’ve been doing that for a few weeks now). Sure the negative and local news still sneaks through (I often share for some of my local friends who would miss out on the news if not for those posts and have actually asked for me to share them) but I am making an active effort to be choosier about those posts.
A friend tagged me in a post the other day to share positive things, and I felt it was lead to me after realizing I needed to do these things already. I want to be more appreciative and I know that sharing these small things I’m thankful for will help me realize just how lucky I am to be blessed to live and love in this life.
So hear are 5 things I’m currently thankful for aka my Good Things in Life:
1. Always and forever, foremost I am thankful for my children: Winston, Mimi, Laycie and Jackson. They are such blessings for us.
2. I’m thankful for my Husband. For the love he gives to use and how hard he works to provide a home and life for these kids.
3. I’m thankful for my Momma. I couldn’t raise three kids with Epilepsy and Involuntary Breath Holding Spells without my Momma. She is there when I just can’t do anymore. She loves and cares and helps every single day and I’m so thankful to be blessed with a Momma that loves me and my children so much.
4. I’m thankful for Prayers. Without them, we’d be lost. So many times a simple prayer has gotten me through, even when my faith was small and frail, these prayers have carried me through. For that I’m thankful.
5. I’m thankful for Life, for everyday when I wake up and share the day with my children, family and friends. So many times, I just go through the process of the day but there is never a day when I don’t see the “Life” we are given as a blessing and there’s never a day that I’m not thankful for another day with my babies. I know that this can be taken at any moment and I try to live it fully and to enjoy every moment I have. I try to teach my children to do the same and never take a minute for granted.
These are only a few of the many things I am thankful for. What are you thankful for today? What are some things you can do to be more appreciative of your day to day life? Share with me in the comments below!