It’s true – I had hoped to have this big blog series all ready to roll for November 1st but with all of last weekend’s festivities I simply haven’t been able to make that happen. Life sometimes gets in the way of the simpliest of things. So I will begin the series today and hopefully at some point I will have a button for it to share with all. (PSST – the button is up below!)
I’m sure at this point you are wondering what I’m talking about. My plan to spread Awareness for Epilepsy in November is to blog about it. I plan to write a blog post for every day of the month for the next 30 days, following a list I made last week which I will share with all of you in a few minutes. Please feel free to jump in and join me. Talking about our own personal experiences with Epilepsy is the best way to let others know what it’s like. Why hide in the shadows when we can walk safely into the light and live a somewhat normal life?!
For the entire month of November, I will do my best to answer or direct you to an answer for each of these questions:
30 Days of Living with Epilepsy
1. What is Epilepsy?
2. How is your Epilepsy treated medically?
3. What tests were done to diagnose your Epilepsy?
4. What types of seizures do you have?
5. What are your seizure triggers?
6. What does a seizure look like?
7. What medical interventions and medications have you tried in order to control your Epilepsy?
8. What type of people have Epilepsy?
9. What are your first aid tips for seizures?
10. How do I handle living with my seizures?
11. Why tell others about Epilepsy?
12. How do I tell others I have Epilepsy?
13. How do others around you deal with your Epilepsy?
14. How is your life different because of Epilepsy?
15. How does Epilepsy affect your behavior?
16. How do I cope with Living with Epilepsy?
17. How do I help my child deal with their Epilepsy?
18. How do I stay positive about life with Epilepsy?
19. How do I keep my home safe for life with Epilepsy?
20. How do I discuss my Epilepsy with my medical professional?
21. How does Epilepsy affect my education?
22. How does Epilepsy affect my employment?
23. Does Epilepsy prevent you from doing things you want to do, like driving?
24. Describe your day to day life with Epilepsy.
25. What’s one thing you want other’s to know about Life with Epilepsy?
26. What are your favorite Epilepsy websites?
27. How has Epilepsy treatment changed in your lifetime?
28. How do you advocate for Epilepsy?
29. What has been your worst experience while living with Epilepsy?
30. What changes would you like to see happen in the future in dealing with Epilepsy?
As I previously stated, each of you can feel free to create your own posts on this topic and come back here and share. I simply ask that you credit Luv’N Lambert Life for the original idea. Link to us using the 30 Days of Living with Epilepsy button below. Feel free to write from the perspective of being a parent, child or a person with Epilepsy, even a sister or brother with this disorder, however this it affects your life! The important thing is that the more we talk, the more we share, the more people come to understand how this disorder works and affects us all!
So get out there and SHARE! Spread the word for Epilepsy Awareness!!! I look forward to reading everyone of your posts.
Please link up to this blog using the linky link below and don’t forget to include our button in your post!
Get started here by adding your link!