It’s been a long day. I’ve had the feeling of Satan breathing over my shoulder all day. Not a pretty experience. It’s lead to some serious misunderstandings and well, drama.
That brings me to this post. I feel I should be honest, and I should truly let you know me. I warn you that it’s not at all pretty. I mean I am Human! I can almost feel yall shudder at that statement! I shudder myself.
Human – there I said it again. I am HUMAN. I am NOT PERFECT.
I have opinions, like all humans. Opinions I have formed after being on this massive planet for the last 31 (almost 32) years. Should any of us be faulted for that? Nope, we are all imperfect according to the word of the Bible.
I know not all of my friends believe in God or the Bible but I do so bear with me, please. I know yall are my true friends so you already do, though I’m sure you think some of my thoughts about “God” are bogus nonsense. I never know because you never tell me, just as I try not to do you. I appreciate that respect.
So, I’m getting off-track in my message. There are some things you should know about me that I probably should have thrown out there a while back.
1. I’m a recovering Dramatic. That’s right, I can admit it! I have been known to be quite the Dramatic in my past. I still suffer this issue at times. It’s something you have to learn to overlook. People who really know me will tell you it’s not as bad as it once was. I fight the urge to be a Drama Queen often, daily in fact. I have learned to put away the crown and just let life be over the years. But there are days, like this one in fact, that it’s just soooo very had to do!
2. I can sometimes be selfish. Oh, another one I can admit to! 😉 I don’t fall prey to this one as much now that I have my children. In fact, I tend to be more selfless than anything. I put my children and their wants first. I put other’s needs first most days too. Funny how having children really will change you!
3. I speak my mind. Not nearly as much as I once did but if I believe in it, I speak it. I do my best to think about who could be hurt by things I say but sometimes I miss. I remind you of my earlier comment that I am human.
4. I am not afraid or ashamed to stand up for what I believe in. This goes along with number 3: I speak my mind. If you hurt someone I care about I will let you know. If I disagree with you I will let you know. If I have an opinion on something I will let you know.
5. I am HONEST. It’s a quality missing in many folks these days. If you don’t want an honest answer, then perhaps you shouldn’t ask me. As I said, I will tell you what I think and what I believe in. I will make an honest effort not to hurt your feelings, to listen to how God tells me to breach a comment or thought to you, but it will be an honest opinion. I do my best to take in both sides to form an unbiased opinion too.
6. Sometimes I curse. Yes I’m Christian but no I’m not perfect. I try not to but sometimes I do it. Reminds me to be thankful that God forgives!
7. I am Christian. I am not a devout, bible smacking, “you’re going to hell because _______” type of Christain. I am a meager, little soul who loves God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I pray hard for those who cross my thoughts. I ask forgiveness for all in Jesus’ name. I try to follow God’s rules and I do my best NOT to judge others for any reason, though sometimes I do fail (I am human). I believe God uses me for His Good and I try to allow him to do that.
8. I am a homeschooling Mom and it’s something I push for other’s to enjoy. I admit it’s not right for everyone but many simply miss out. This makes me sad for the parent and their beautiful children. I chose homeschooling because my daughters both have Epilepsy and my son is ADHD. I knew they wouldn’t get the education and attention they needed in Public School. Our educational choice is Eclectic and Unschooling, varied throughout the year. I know some will disagree with our method but the beauty is that it is our choice.
9. I like being old-fashioned in my beliefs. I like having tradition. I put God first, my spousal relationships second and my children third. I think of them all pretty much as being first though in some way.
10. I learn I’m wrong on my own. I don’t need you to “tell” me I’m right or wrong. I have a bigger God to do that for me! And trust me, he lets me know! You cannot convey nearly what he can. I simply won’t listen.
So those are 10 things you probably didn’t know about me but now you do! If any of this changes how you feel about me, that’s ok! I love yall anyways.