I started this blog post yesterday but was not able to finish because my littlest little was not feeling well.
My inspiration for this came from many sources. The one source that I found the most inspiring was Marsha’s blog over at Taste and See God’s Goodness. The blog entitled Saying Goodbye to a Decade speaks of just that and reminds us all of the wonderous events that can happen in 10 short years.
As I look back over the past 10 years, I see many things to be thankful for.
- The birth of my three wonderful children: Winston in 2000, Emmalee in 2003 and Laycie in 2008.
- Being lead to homeschool my children through the love and word of God.
- Finding God and Jesus and choosing to allow them to become part of my life, admist all of the chaos.
- Learning to appreciate the small moments in my life and all that God has provided me with.
- Reconnecting with my family on my Dad’s side.
- Our country’s survival of the attacks on 9/11/2001.
- My survival of two car accidents in ’04.
- and soooo much more!
I can hardly believe that 10 years have passed since the Millenium came. So much has happened and so many changes and blessings have occurred. It’s a blessing to be able to look back and see all of those things, all the trials and tribulations we have made it through and all of the good memories we have to last for decades to come. I pray that this decade is as much of a blessing as the last one has been!